Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wonder Woman, the WSOP and JJ Liu


I'm still on vacation at the Outer Banks. A lot of the rain has missed me here. Maybe it's the powerful force associated with the house I'm staying at; it apparently belongs to Lynda Carter aka Wonder Woman. I looked through all the closets, but there are no spare costumes lying around. Too bad, because I'm pretty sure we share the same cleavage.

I booked vacation during the start of the WSOP on purpose. I didn't want to be tempted to stay in Vegas for the whole thing again. I was totally wasted last year. But of course now I'm completely Jonesing about not being there. I have at least three people calling me every day to give me the skinny - and of course I'm pouring over Pauly's blog for updates. And I'm so totally jealous every time I hear how Pauly and Otis are pourin' 'em back at the Hooker Bar. Save a few for me boyz.


I heard it from a reliable source that JJ Liu, 4th place finisher at the Bellagio 5 Diamond WPT Event has not been contacted for the WPT's Ladies Night IV. I truly don't understand this invitational. JJ has a great track record, credibility, is totally cool, and always wears a great hat. They couldn't buy what she could give 'em. I took this picture of JJ at the Venetian poker room opening. I have never had a chance to talk with her, so I'm hoping the WSOP gives me that opportunity. Damn...I'm not there yet.

5 Comments:

Blogger change100 said...

I don't know what you know, but my Hollywood-educated guess would be that JJ was passed over in favor of slotting another one of the younger, more photogenic up and comers a la Liz Lieu, Vanessa Rousso, and Erica Schoenberg. That's such a disappointing choice, especially given her excellent finishes this year.

Gotta love WPT...

11:40 PM  
Blogger Pokerwolf said...

What Change100 said.

Remember that television shows are more interested in pretty people than they are with skill.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Unfortunatelly, I wasn't able to find any your contacts, so I'm trying to reach you here.

I'm Annie, marketing manager of www.Launchpoker.com project.

I'm interested in advertising on aimlesslyca.blogspot.com. Please, contact me by email web@launchpoker.com and let me know your conditions. Thank you very much.

6:04 AM  
Blogger whiskeytown said...

if you find a magic lasso, ship it to me -

Wonder Woman was all about the bondage imagery and dirty old men anyways ;)

RB

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love gambling and watching the WSOP.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home